Thursday, February 22, 2007

Capitol Stairway

This is the stairway leading to the west entrance of the State Capitol of Missouri in Jefferson City. The day was absolutely gorgeous. But any day in the fifties is nice in the middle of February.

Jefferson City sits on the banks of the Missouri River. In fact, the Capitol building is on a hill overlooking the river. It may be one of the best located Capitol buildings in the country from what I have seen. Of course I am a little biased in my opinion.

As far as the picture goes I wish I had taken a little more time to get everything straight. I was in a hurry as my wife had finished her pictures and I had two teenagers impatiently waiting in the car!

5 comments:

Elaine said...

My shots are never as good when my husband and/or kids are with me!

Anna said...

I love lines! I love this!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Did you use a polariser for this shot? If you did it has made the sky nice and blue but it has enhanced the shadows which is a shame. You could try the shadow highlight function (Tutorial on DPC works very well) and you may bring more detail out in the steps.

Nice lines.

Lori

Mike said...

Lori, actually this was taken straight with no polariser. I put this one on without any tweeking and I will try what you suggest.

Thanks for the input.
Mike

Memories Catcher said...

Great shot.I like a lot the colors.Good job!