Friday, February 23, 2007

The Clean Up Continues...



The clean up from our massive ice storm continues. These are some scenes from the tree trimming going on at Close Memorial Park. One of the little loaders had a slight problem with a heavy load and was trying to get itself back on all fours. I have an Olympus C-740 that I try to carry in my truck. I usually carry it with me on my lunch time walks. It takes really nice pictures and covers well when I don't want to take my SLR out.

I am posting on Friday evening for Saturday as I am actually going to a photo seminar at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas tomorrow. It will be good to have a day away from work.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Nice shots! I'll have to check out their progress next week. The day we talked about the trail being closed--it probably was! There were several places with trees across the path--had to go over one, under one, and around a few. Saw some joggers, bicyclists, and walkers, so I wasn't the only one ignoring the signs!

Anna said...

Wow, that third one looks painful! :) Hope that your seminar was good....I bet it was enjoyable.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hope the cleanup gets done quickly, our ice storm two years ago took ages to clear away all the broken limbs, it actually looked like we had a tornado or a hurricane or something for a while with all the damaged trees laying everywhere.