Tuesday, February 27, 2007

In the Middle of the Night

Have you ever had one of those nights were you wake up and start thinking about work or problems and just can't get back to sleep? Well last night was one of those nights. So I came into my "office" looked around and found a projector bulb that I had always wanted to take a picture of.

I set the lamp up in a pair of spare hands holders, set it under a lamp and got out the camera and my macro lens. These are the results. They are in jpeg as I forgot to reset the camera back to RAW.

It was fun but I would rather do it sometime other than 3 in the morning!

4 comments:

Carmi said...

You could have called me! I'm up almost every night. I guess the same thing happens with me: the creative urge strikes me, and I have to get out of bed to satisfy it.

Most nights, I end up writing. Sometimes, though, I take the camera out and have some fun. Depends on my mood.

I love your photographic eye.

Anna said...

Me too....I am a night owl...

Great idea here...I would have gotten even closer! I love to look at all the parts and pieces in shots like this....very nice Mike.

Elaine said...

I hate when I wake up like that! At least you got a good shot out of it! (I either catch up on looking at blogs, vote on a DPC challenge or read.)

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I have always slept very well and am NOT a morning person (pity it is the best time of the day for photographs outside) so I can't often relate to this. I wish I could motivate my butt out of bed because on the rare occasions that I do I enjoy it, self discipline is not my forte I suppose.

At least you did something constructive with your time, nice detail shot.

Lori