Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Portrait of a Friend



An artist friend of my wife's asked her to take some pictures that she could use on her website and exhibitions. I don't normally take pictures at these instead serving as my wife's assistant. I asked to take a couple of shots and this is my favorite. She was looking out of the north window in her studio with the reflected light of a snowfall throwing a lot of light in.

Yes, picture taking is a joint hobby my wife and I share. It gets kind of confusing who started first but I usually give her credit as she first got into it seriously. She was kind enough to let me join in. So far I haven't gotten her interested in a blog, but she enjoys reading and seeing everyones.

When our artist friend gets her site up I will post a link to it.

4 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

that is a great shot! i can really get a sense of her spirit through it. that's great that you and your wife share a hobby. i'm a MAJOR amateur with photography and don't know how to do anything but point and shoot. i have an older digital camera that my father-in-law gave me when he decided to get a new one. but i hope to take some beginning courses when my son starts school this fall.

Anna said...

I really like this. I am wondering what she is thinking and how the world looks through her eyes. It is always to great to have hobbies with your spouse that you can do together. I am sure that you love the different perspectives that you two can shoot of the same subject....

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

This is a very intense shot. She has such a look of concentration on her face, makes you wonder what is going through her mind.

Lori

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I also wanted to add that I love a lot of your prior shots, especially the capitol building at the end of the street and the flowers. Lovely

Lori