Saturday, March 03, 2007

Everything Ages

I saw this hinge on an old Barn at Nathaniel Greene Park. I like the way it looks. Reminds me that nothing stays new. Everything ages and eventually passes on. Comforting thought isn't it.

My wife and I are organizing the quarterly competitions for our local camera club. (Web site to the right - check it out) Phew what a job! We finished our judging phase today and it was very enlightening. I would encourage everyone to enter photo competitions either through a local club or online as many of you do.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Love the dark red in this. Thanks for seeing it Mike.

bluemountainmama said...

i love the old feel to this. things like this- old rusty parts and old wood bring up more a nostalgic feeling for me, growing up on a farm....

photowannabe said...

Everything ages, including me. I'm feeling older packing and remodeling for our move. Its a challenge.

photowannabe said...

Oops, I forgot to say how much I liked the weathered wood and hinge picture. Its my kind of picture.

Memories Catcher said...

Great details and textures.Good job!

Elaine said...

I love this kind of shot. Great texture in the wood and the rust. As many shots as I have taken of that barn, I have never gotten up close!

Carmi said...

You've inspired me to do just that, Mike. I'm off to see what's available in my region.