Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Fallen


I have looked at this fallen tree for days trying to figure out how to get a good picture of it. I like the shape and color of this tree that was cut off as a result of our recent ice storms. Finally yesterday the sky was heavily overcast and the light seemed right for the picture, gone were the bright shadows and contrast the sun was causing.
It just goes to show that nothing is forever. Sometimes things pass before thier time. I think of the soldiers not only in Iraq today, but those who have fallen for our country in wars past. I thank them and thier families for thier sacrifice.
I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

5 comments:

Memories Catcher said...

Great shot.I like the composition and contrasts.Good details and light.Good job!

photowannabe said...

Nice shot. The cut tree has such an interesting shape. I'm glad you persued taking a picture of it. Great composition.
I'm grateful too for our soldiers whereever they are.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I love the second shot of the badlands. I have missed a few days so am trying to catch up.

The picture of the sawn off tree is fabulous. I would take those pieces and use them as a frame or to put a verse onto with pressed flowers and sealed with varnish etc. Lovely shapes. You have captured them very nicely.

Lori

Elaine said...

Nice--very interesting shape.

(I still have one more shot to take for the Scavenger Hunt, and I have no good ideas.)

Carmi said...

Such immense sadness, seeing the now-separated cross-sections, lifeless and doomed.

Beautiful sentiment in this entry, Mike. So, so appropriate and timely.