Friday, March 23, 2007

Memories....

It is funny how at certain times something will just strike you in a different way. I was doing my usual lunchtime walk yesterday and there were these small violets growing next to the trail. I snapped this one picture of them...nothing special. I spent the rest of the walk thinking about why I took that picture.

There are certain things that evoke strong feelings and emotions in a person. Have you ever been someplace an picked up a certain scent such as a perfume your Mom or a former girlfriend may have worn. Certain foods can bring up strong feelings due to your memories. Perhaps those memories are good or perhaps not so good.

These violets reminded me of my Grandmother. She always loved violets. I remember her talking to my Mom about about them when I was small and we used to walk around her yard talking about flowers. I loved those walks and still carry them on in my own yard without either one of them. Can't seem to get my own daughters interested in yard work or even the flowers, with out the work, so the walks will probably die someday. But this little violet brought back a lot of memories today.

I hope your Friday is full of good memories.

3 comments:

Memories Catcher said...

Beautiful photo and words.I like the contrast between the flowers.Good colors and light.Good job!

photowannabe said...

What a nice tribute to your Grandmother. Your picture of the violets is a tender memory shot. Certain smells always take me back to my childhood too.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane. You have a wonderful weekend too.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Mike

I like the vulture shot, it definitely is moody, reminds me of the day we are having today LOL.

Tunnel Vision is great, well seen shot, nice balance of light to see the detail in the tunnel as well.

We get a lot of those violets here too. My Mom also used to love violets, but the indoor type that have succulent leaves.

On the subject of certain sounds, tastes, smells that bring back memories. Yes that happens to me all the time, especially as I have moved around so much and sometimes long for the lifestyle I had when I was growing up, but there is no hope for that with our changing world.

Have a great day and I hope the weather isnt toobad by you.

Lori