Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Most Colorful House




Today we return to Eureka Springs briefly to look at what I think may be the most colorful house I have ever seen. Looking like a miniature "painted lady" this house was sitting along Spring Street. I decided to get the full wide angle look so you could see the whole thing. Sorry for the deep shadow on the porch but it was taken when the sun was still well up.


I think the owners of the house are of course of the artistic type, which many of us as photographers are. So how would you paint your house? I am more of a subdued artist. Mine would maybe have the variations but they would be subdued colors such as earth tones. Greens and browns or tans.


I wonder who lives here and what they are like. Something to ponder on what is so far a rainy Saturday. It is early in the morning and I am making sure my girls get to their early drum line competition.




4 comments:

Anna said...

What a lovely home. I love that although it isnt what I would do...I am a bit of rustic country (the country I liker has nothing to do with bears, cats or flannel) so I am definitely in with the earthtones like you while I splash color on walls and furnishings....

Very nice Mike....

JAM said...

When I was a kid, we used to go to Hot Springs, AR a lot. It was only a half-day drive from Monroe, La, where I grew up. We would always visit my Mother's aunt who lived there. Several people on her street had houses colored in amazing ways, like the one in your photo.

Same thing in Elijay, GA, too. I love stuff like this. Great photo.

Abraham Lincoln said...

Eureka Springs. I used to know a lady who had an antique store there. The house is really painted-up. I would be hard pressed to say that I have seen one more colorful.

Brookville Daily Photo
720 pixels

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

HI Mike

What a great shot, a very colorful house. I dont think the shadow is that harsh on the porch. There is a shadow highlight tutorial on DPC that tells you how you can retrieve some of the detail in the shadows and/or highlights, maybe check it out and see how it works. Another thing is if you had realised the problem at the time of shooting, shoot one shot for the shadows and one for the highlights then place them on top of each other in PS and erase the bits that you want, to get a bit more balanced photo.

Glad spring is finally getting to you.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Lori