Wednesday, March 28, 2007

People Shots - Eureka Springs


I actually took a couple of people shots when I was in Eureka Springs. These are random people doing things tourists do in Eureka Springs. As you can see motorcycles are the big thing there. It is a popular mode of transportation because of the narrow winding roads, not only in town, but the highways getting there.

Several of you have commented about having been in Eureka Springs. As far as I can tell little has changed in several years. The Crescent Hotel, Christ of the Ozarks, Passion Play, and the Eureka Springs and North Arkansas Railroad are still there.

This will end the official tour of Eureka Springs. I may yet sneak a picture in here or there, but will move on after today. (Maybe)

Have a great Wednesday.

5 comments:

Memories Catcher said...

Great daily life shot.I like the colors and contrasts.Good compositions.Well done!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I have enjoyed my visit to Eureke Springs, maybe I will get there someday in person. It looks like you had a few beautiful days just like we did and yes I bet we will be getting your lousy rainy weather too. It has also been wet since last night and a lot cooler.

The pink blossoms are beautiful (pink is my fav color - think I have said this a few times LOL). We havent started seeing these yet but it will be soon I am sure.

I like the shots of the bikers and people, nice human interest shots.

What a lovely setting to have a wedding. I bet they (and you when you got married) had a great experience.

Thanks for your visit.

Lori

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I meant to add that I have been shooting everything in RAW for the past two years or more but on the 20D I can shoot RAW + small JPeg which is what I do, so the JPegs work as my previews and if I thing there is anything worthwhile then I will convert the RAW file. Most of the time I find that the JPegs are good enough for web posting and rarely convert a RAW image for use on the web.

I have been glad of the RAW file on a few occasions when I have needed it as a stock image and have been able to give them the original RAW file to work with as they like. I have to say I am normally pretty close on my exposures and dont normally have to do many adjustments but if I ever do make a botch up then I will have more information to work with on the RAW file. They do take up a lot of space but with 160 gb hard drive and a DVD writer it hasnt been a problem. I am thinking of getting an external hard drive, larger than the one i have in the computer now, or maybe another internal hard drive to piggy back off the one I have now.
Decisions decisions LOL.

Lori

photowannabe said...

Thanks, I enjoyed my tour too. I like the candid people shots.

Anna said...

I have never been there so now I am intrigued! I like these shots because I am a people watcher. Nice Mike.