Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Simpler Time


An old zig zag split rail fence is located in Nathaniel Greene Park. These were easy to build and stood up to weather well. I say easy to build, I don't know if I would want to be the one splitting the rails.
Fences are a human's way of marking his (or her) territory. I put "her" in parenthesis as I think the fence is more of a male thing. Futurist Faith Popcorn (what a name) states that future homes will be walled fortresses with security cameras and all. Sounds exciting huh?

3 comments:

Anna said...

The lines and angles in this fence are great Mike. I like how is is taken from the perspective above. Nice shot!

Thanks for your nice comment to me! :) My son is farm more talented than me that is for sure and I am enjoying every second of seeing his wonder!

Take care today.

Elaine said...

I like fence shots! I hope to get back to Nathaniel Greene this weekend to see what new flowers have opened.

bluemountainmama said...

i love split rail fences....they capture that "timeless" feel. nice photo!