Friday, March 16, 2007

Sunrise, Sunset...Badlands National Park


Sunrise.....

and Sunset....

I took these last August on my whirlwind personal photo field trip to Nebraska and South Dakota. Four days on the road doing nothing but taking pictures. It was great!


As I have stated in earlier posts photo competition judges don't seem to like sunrise or sunset pictures. I think it is due to the fact everyone does them. Anyway I think they are missing something.

Look closely at the first picture, hopefully you can click on it and make it bigger. There is a tiny sliver of a crescent moon and the planet Venus in the shot. They quickly succumbed to the rising sun.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I am posting this just after midnight and then I am going to bed.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Very pretty! Sleep well there!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I have missed quite a few days of posts so am catching up now.

Love the sunflowers, they are very vibrant. The tree and the fog/mist is tranquil, nice view to have from your office. The village is also nicely shot, great light.

My favorites are these the sunrise and sunset, I love a good sunrise and sunset.

Lori