Saturday, April 28, 2007

Anna's Interview

Since I was up so late I decided to give Anna's interview a try.

What are you most passionate about in your life? Like most people I have gone through a lot of passions. Right now photography is high on my list. In the past scale modeling, reading and traveling.

Pick a song that best describes you. This is a tough one. I like lots of music and pinning something down is difficult. There is a song by the group Nickel Creek that I have been fond of for some time it is called "When You Come Back Down" Perhaps that is it.

In a quiet moment you get to yourself, what do you do? Normally if time is short I try to read something. If I have a longer period of time I try to tackle one of the yard projects I have been dreaming up or I work on my model railroad. Lately I try to dream up my next photo shoot.

What surprises you most about other people? I think the thing that surprises me most about others is the levels of self absorption most people have. I know it shouldn't surprise me.

Who has made the most impact on your life? There have been a lot of people (and more than people) that have impacted my life. God, Parents, My wife and children, Grandparents. I want to focus on one person that has had a huge impact on my life and that was my best friend in high school, Danny. Why? High school can be the best of times and the worst of times. Danny was always a rock during that time. We had fun talking, building models together, sharing dreams. College years separated us and unfortunately a couple years after I was married Danny was killed in a terrible car wreck. I miss him dearly.

Share one sure fire way to get to your heart? Just a smile normally.

What is one thing you own that would be hard for you to give away? My model train collection. Not valuable by any means but meaningful.

Share something that you hope to do one day. I would like to do our trips around the United States again. This time with my camera and my new founds skills and passion. I would love to write a book. Maybe by the time I am 80 or 85 I will get around to it. Don't laugh, my Grandmother did just that.

Thanks Anna for the interview opportunity. It was fun and different. Although I didn't strictly volunteer when you are up at 1 am and can't get to sleep sometimes you do crazy things.

4 comments:

Biby Cletus said...

Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Biby Cletus - Blog

Chad Oneil said...

Good interview, man. Come over and check out mine.

Anna said...

This was great...I loved your answers, especially the one about a smile being a way to your heart. Very thoughtful answers. Thanks and I hope you got some sleep!

bluemountainmama said...

i enjoyed this interview. i love nickel creek! they are so talented.

looking forward to reading that book someday..... :)