Monday, April 23, 2007

My Heart is Frozen

Or I should say my bleeding hearts. A couple weeks ago we had a major, and I mean major, freeze. Everything that was leafed out or in bloom basically froze back to wood or the ground. This is a shot of the flowers on my bleeding heart after the deep freeze. For those of you not familiar with this plant the normal flower would be a deep pink with the "bleeding" portion white and pink out the bottom.

The bleeding heart was one of my mother's favorite flowers. She used to be so excited when they came out every spring. Typically they grow best in a shady area.

Things are beginning to recover but after our major ice storm earlier and now this freeze I am afraid things are going to be very stressed this year.
I hope everyone has a great Monday. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

They are beautiful when their pink. I really like these too. Not after a freeze but when their out in their true form.

Elaine said...

We lost our azalea buds, but the rhododendron buds look the same so I hope they eventually open. I went to Nathaneal Greene Park today to see what damage was done there. The hostas are coming back, but the flower beds are pretty much starting over. Hope the rest of the year is better weather-wise!

Chad Oneil said...

Froze the blood right out of it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.