Thursday, April 05, 2007

Odd Man Out

I am not really sure where this expression originated, odd man out, but it was the first thing that entered my mind when I saw this group of tulips at Nathaniel Greene Park. All of them were purple except for the orange stand out. Was this the musing of a gardener with a mischievous streak? Or perhaps an artistic flair? Or could it have been an error on the sorting table at the bulb packaging plant? We will never know for sure but it creates a sense of excitement to an already quite pleasing scene.

What have you done lately to add some excitement to your life? Or better yet, what do you do to stand out?

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. Maudy Thursday, the night of the Lord's Supper.

5 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

that's a perfect caption for the photo..... i do see little pink streaks on the yellow, though. so maybe it is some hybrid.

hmmm.....what have i been doing for a little excitement? i guess the post about braving the open mic night would qualify.....

photowannabe said...

I love tulips and its fun to see the odd man out. It sparks the arrangements

Anna said...

Hey Mike...

It seems I have always been the odd man out so I find this shot endearing....

Great capture and so pretty.

JAM said...

The flowers are beautiful, but the velvety texture of the big green leaves is pleasing too. Odd Man Out, perfect. Humans can spot patterns or breaks in patterns so effectively. It grabs our interest.

Elaine said...

I like this! (I told you yesterday that you would be famous!)