Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tree Farm

While on our way to Eureka Springs the other day we went past a tree farm. There were rows upon rows of young Bradford Pear trees in bloom. My wife and I looked at each other and I turned around and we both got down into that field where the trees were and took several shots. Although I wasn't real pleased with the results I do like the mass of trees.

Bradford Pears did not fair well in our recent ice storm. They grow in a vase like shape wherein all the main branches kind of radiate from the center. The wood is weak and they are prone to giving way in any ice or wind conditions. They do bloom first every year which makes them popular. It will be interesting to see if people plant them in numbers like they used to since they have spent so much time hauling them off.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

6 comments:

Anna said...

I really like this. I reminds me of a park near the Louvre in Paris that had trees all lined up in a row. Simply, they were pleasant to look at....as are these.

Elaine said...

I like this--pulls me along the line of trees. It's strange, but our pear tree didn't sustain any damage from the ice!

photowannabe said...

The rows and rows of blossoming tress are beautiful. I must have been wonderful to walk among them.

JAM said...

I've never been in a place with an explosion of blooms like that. Very pretty. Do they have a smell?

Pequete said...

Thanks for stopping by my artjournal. We're still waiting for spring to arrive here where we live - too cold yet! This was surely a beautiful walk.

Oya said...

Beatiful trees and photo...