Friday, May 11, 2007

After Hours


I took this shot the other night near Burrell Park and yes I did crop it to emphasis the lines I wanted to show. It seems to explain my life the last few months. I recently changed jobs, which at my age is not the easiest thing in the world to do. I had been working long hours and more importantly bringing it home with me and worrying about it when I wasn't physically there. So I changed. Life is better now, the new place is nice and the people are good. I will miss my friends at the old place, but I had to do what I did.

The shot above is dedicated to those I left behind. I pray for their health and well being.

Judging from the response yesterday I need to get out and do a photo story on the old homes of Springfield. I can't believe the reaction you all gave. Yes Anna I feel a theme coming on. Thanks for your responses. I will see where this goes.

By the way today is my 100th post. I was going to let it go by unmentioned, but this is one of the mechanisms I used to cope with my stress that I talk about above. Thanks to you all for reading and commenting through the above time. Life is better now and somehow that makes it a little harder to be creative. Does that make any sense?

Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anna said...

I can't wait to see where you take us Mike. This shot is wonderful but you know that I will like it... :)

Have a good Friday!

Cris said...

Oh, we're anxiously waiting for the new shots! And Mike, my husband needs to read today's post, he works long hours, and feels so bad about not being here for the kids, we've been talking about how this is affecting us all...

photowannabe said...

Life is a series of twists and turns. Stress can add a few extra zig zags along the way. A new job sounds like a great solution for you. As things settle down the creative jucies will start flowing again. Can't wait to see how the theme goes.
Congratulations on #100...

CG said...

This is a cracker!!!

Moksha Gren said...

Very cool shot, Mike. I dont know if cropping is frowned on in photo circles....but I love what it did for this picture. Good eye, sir.