Monday, May 07, 2007

Artsfest on Walnut Street


Each year on or about the first weekend in May our fair city shuts down Walnut Street which is a historic district to hold one of the largest fresh air art bazaars in the region. There were numerous artists housed on the street. For the first time it didn't rain. Each artist is housed in the little tents shown above. There are sculptors, painters, photographers (my favorite), jewelers and potters from all over the nation, and for the first time the world, here.

The intersection of Walnut and JQ Hammonds became a chalk artists board, although the busy intersection saw no shortage of foot traffic so the art didn't last long.

The area high schools took their stab at making art cars. This old Chevy Astro van got quite a face lift.

Back to more normal pictures tomorrow, but I thought you all may enjoy seeing artsfest.

Have a great Monday.

6 comments:

Cris said...

It looks like it was lots of fun!

JAM said...

Hey, isn't that the van that ran over Jackson Pollock?

Moksha Gren said...

Cool turn out and a great day for it. My brother once had a place just a few blocks from Hammond and Walnut..I'm pretty sure I know right where this is.

Anna said...

That is funny jam....sounds like a very fun day!

Chad Oneil said...

We just had an art fest in Lakeland. I guess our "May Fair" is coming up soon too.

photowannabe said...

I would love to be at the artfest. I love seeing how creative people can be. nice shots.