Sunday, May 06, 2007

Burell Park at Night


The other night Teresa and I were driving past Burrell Park and I noticed the fountain was lit up. We decided it would be worth a night field trip to take some pictures. Here is the first of those shots.

Architecture shots are just about my favorite. I started with this shot as some of you may remember an almost identical shot from a few weeks back in the daylight. There is something about a well designed building that really excites me. Perhaps I should have been an architect.

The evening was SO nice. It was about 70 degrees with a stiff 10 mph breeze out of the southwest so it was very pleasant. Tomorrow and Tuesday the storms from Kansas are scheduled to roll in.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Have a good Sunday.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Lovely Mike. Nice capture.

bluemountainmama said...

i love the lighting in this one! very nice! and hope you don't get as severe weather as kansas got.....

Oya said...

Ahh, lovely...

Cris said...

It is never too late to follow your dreams... start drawing... and show us the results, please. Have a great week!

JAM said...

Wonderful light and color. It's been a long time since I went out for night photography.

Moksha Gren said...

I love the colors in this. There's just nothing quite like that the blue of an almost dark sky.