Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Change of Pace

I thought I would give everyone a break from my architectural shots and post a picture of the coreopsis that is now blooming in my back yard. I planted this last year and with the hot dry summer we had i wasn't too sure it was going to make it. Plants are reliant things though and due to a fairly wet winter the two plants have prospered and rewarded me with some excellent flowers.

Things are a bit crazy here right now. For the next three weeks we will have visitors from out of town as people drift in and out for my oldest daughters high school graduation. We have what seems to be every evening occupied with an event as school draws to a close.

The good news is we are not going to get the severe weather originally forecast. The system sort of died after spreading its wrath across Kansas. The bad news is we aren't going to get the rain also which we need.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anna said...

What pretty yellow and greens...this is a simple and pretty shot...

JAM said...

Lovely, and with the "about to bloom" ones in the background.

Cris said...

Lovely. Congrats to your daughter!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Mike

So glad that you dodged those dreadful storms that Kansas had. The tornado in Greenborough was dreadful, over a mile wide and wiping out 90% of the town!!!!

I love the flower shot very vivid and the night shot of Burrell Park is also lovely. I also like night shots and if you plan them just right when there is still a little light in the sky they can be beautiful. I used to shoot for an Estate Agent (Realtor) in South Africa and had to do many mansions in this manner so that you could see what was inside as well as the outside of the building.

Thanks for your visits and words of encouragement on my blog and you are very kind, I looked like a wreck in those shots LOL!!!!!

Keep safe.

Lori

Stacy said...

I will be rambling for a minute. I came to your site via Anna's blogroll (I love looking at sites of photographers) and realize you are in SPRINGFIELD. I am in Taiwan at present, with my family, but it brings back so many memories. I graduated from SMSU (I will always remember it as that), my daughter was born there, my husband and I were married there... Great memories. Bass Pro, Mexican Villa, GE (I worked my way through college at that plant), and college life in general. It's just funny I came your way from Taiwan, through London (Isn't that where Anna's from?) and then to Springfield.

Thanks for the memory lane reminders. :) Blessings!