Thursday, May 10, 2007

From the New to the Old


Yesterday I presented a picture of a modern building in Burrell Park. Today I am presenting one of the old homes on Walnut Street. I took this as an aside from the Artsfest festivities happening just to my rear in this picture. It is hard to imagine the throng of people so near (see my images three days ago) with such a peaceful scene as above.

As you can see this pictures returns to one of my favorite themes...the front porch. Once again prominent it reflects a time when the popular past time was sitting on the porch talking to neighbors instead of being cocooned in your house with your tv and internet.

Look at the construction and the curves in this house. All I know is that a builder today will tell you to add $ signs to any construction if you want any thing curved in a house and look at all of those you see above.

I hope you have enjoyed today's post, and I hope you have a good Thursday. I have been slow getting around to everyone and hope to catch up soon.

9 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

now that's MY kind of house! very lovely. i still long to have either an old farmouse or victorian home some day........

Cris said...

I like old better than new... oh, love that porch!

Moksha Gren said...

New may be impressive...but old is so much more inviting. I'd love to sit on that porch.

JAM said...

Love the house. That kind of craftsmanship in the details is definitely expensive.

Anna said...

I love that porch...I smell a series here Mike!

Abraham Lincoln said...

I like your work. This is my first visit.

Abraham Lincoln

Chad Oneil said...

Very cool house.

Oya said...

I like the old house more than the new one...

Stacy said...

I like that old house by Drury college. (the big one) I used to work in catering through Drury, and would go by there, and that old house was always fascinating to me.

I love the old farm houses out there as well. And the bridges. Once again you brought back some memories! :)

By the way, you've been tagged. Seemed natural since we've crossed paths through Carmi and Anna, and have a Springfield link. Besides, I think folks from my group would gain some writing inspiration from your pictures. Sooo...you're it.