Sunday, May 13, 2007

Front Porches Are For Relaxing

I went out yesterday morning with the specific goal of beginning my front porch series. I loved what I saw. Front porches are so inviting I actually went up on a couple of them. This series of shots was taken on Walnut Street in Springfield which is the same street Artsfest was held on last week. This first porch I selected for today was the shadiest and most inviting one that I saw around the noon hour when the sun was its hottest today. It looked so cool and inviting I decided it was the one to begin with. Now if I just had a glass of sweet ice tea......

I am not the only one that enjoys the front porch. This little guy was stretched out on the cool wood in the heat of the day. He sure looks relaxed. This porch was in a state of disrepair and or repair. Not sure which. But that squirrel was sure enjoying it.

I hope everyone had a good Sunday and Mother's Day.

5 comments:

JAM said...

Ha! Love the squirrel. That is most certainly a warm and inviting porch. Love to sit there in a swing or a big Brumby rocker.

photowannabe said...

I have always dreamed of having a huge front porch to sit and watch the world go by. the new house doesn't have that but the nice back yard will do just fine. I love the shot of the squirrel. So absolutely relaxed.

Anna said...

Great shot of the squirrel! And I am LOVING the front porch! :) Nice Mike.

Cris said...

I like that porch, the two vases in the front and the flowers hanging, wonder why they had the light on though, maybe they are away.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Mike I love the squirrel!!!! They hold a fascination for me. When I was living in London in Greenwich Park there are squirrels that will come and sit on your shoulder for a peanut, I never did get there to take photos and that is one of my regrets. So many opportunities missed while I was there.

I would also like to be lounging in a rocking chair with an iced tea on the first porch. Look forward to seeing more.

Lori