Saturday, May 19, 2007

Laying Around

OK, weekends are for relaxing right. Anyway I ran across this picture in my archives. It was taken at the Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, Kansas. We did this as a Spring Break trip with our youngest daughter when the oldest went on her first band trip.

This was a great zoo and I am not a real zoo fan. It was clean and the animals actually seemed content in their habitats.

I spent most of this day on the highway. I made a trip back to my two hometowns to take pictures. I will be sharing these in the coming days along with many stories of Southwest Missouri.

Sorry this is so late but I left very early this morning. I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. Take some time to lounge around or sunbathe like our friend above. I hope some of our friends in England are getting some sunshine and that some of our friends in Florida are getting some rain!

8 comments:

Moi said...

hehe he is so blissfully asleep!!! great capture, Mike....and no we didn't get the rains ....tho' its been nicely breezy today...have a great weekend :)

Anna said...

I'll have what he is having! THAT is the life...
Enjoy your Sunday Mike!

Chad Oneil said...

Cool Monkey shot!

Thanks for checking back at my Blog, I appreciate it.

aphotoinhand said...

Awwww!!! This is adorable!

photowannabe said...

Now, that's the life...In the sun to catch some zzz's. Nice picture. It made me smile Mike.

JAM said...

Love this one! Reminds me of how our little poodles go out back and sit in the sun on the hot tub cover. Like a turtle on a log.

Moksha Gren said...

Now you're just mocking me! My wife and daughter ambushed me Friday at work and insisted we go spend a few hours at the zoo since the day was so beautiful. And it really was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon...but I didn't have my camera. I had almost forgotten that pain...and now you post zoo pics! ;)

They are great shots.

Cris said...

Wow, that is so cute!