Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Lion's Game

What I am listening to: (Sounds like Anna!) The Lion's Game by Nelson Demille read by Scott Brick.



I am finishing the third in a series of audio books by Nelson Demille. I have come to really like audio books as I listen to them as I go back and forth to work or to other things like photo shoots. I check these out from the public library here and while this is great it means you can only get popular titles like this when they are available, so sometimes a wait is involved.

This particular series is about former NYPD detective John Corey and his adventures. The first book was Plum Island, the second is The Lion's Game and the third was Nightfall. As some of you may have figured out my third one is actually the second one in the series. This is another potential disadvantage of the library in that you sometimes have to take a series out of order.

I have listened to many books on CD, both fiction and nonfiction. It is a great use of that deadtime.

The picture above is another taken at the Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, KS. I will get back to some regular postings tomorrow. It is so much fun to find things to do and take pictures of in the Midwest. For example, I found out yesterday evening that it was Sucker Days in Nixa, Missouri a scant 10 minutes from the house. Sucker Days you ask? Suckers are a small fish in this area and each year they have this massive fish fry in Nixa to celebrate the Sucker. What fun that would have been to go take pictures of! If I had only known.

Well I have rambled on long enough today. Have a great Sunday and check out a book on tape or CD.

5 comments:

Anna said...

That did sound like me! :) I like it...
These animals are magnificent Mike and I think that you have captured them well.

photowannabe said...

Mike, that's great lighting on the furry beasts. Super job.
Audio tapes is a great idea. It really makes the commute less painful.
Darn...I missed Sucker Day too....

JAM said...

Great shot. Perfect pose for them both.

Cris said...

I have my kids here. Ok, they are thrilled!

Chad Oneil said...

Love it!