Saturday, May 12, 2007

Looking Up....And Sideways


This shot was taken in an alley in Eureka Springs. Why stay in the crowded main streets when you have an alley to explore? Unfortunately the sky was a little over exposed, well a lot over exposed. There are a few of us who have a tendancy to look up quite often, see Anna and Carmi's links to the right. You can often be rewarded with some great pictures.

I am off today in search of my new theme. Look for the great american front porch shots over the next few months. We'll see how far we get with this one before I get shot taking pictures of someone's front porch.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and don't forget to look up.

9 comments:

CG said...

I really like this unusual angle!

Joel Reynolds said...

Great shot, man!
I really like the interesting angle. Great stuff on your blog.

Joel

Moksha Gren said...

Took me a second to get my bearings, but a cool shot. I love those old metal spirals. There's an old house here in my neighborhood with one and I keep toying with trying to sneak a shot of it.

Also, the architecture down in Eureka could keep you busy for quite some time.

Sniderman said...

That IS one of the fun things about Eureka... the old style that's not entirely hidden among the adaptations.

I see those staircases, those steps, the old chandeliers and walkways and wonder... what things must have been like back in the day.

Good shot.

Cris said...

Oh, it took me a while to figure out those were the stairs! Nice shot!

Anna said...

Love the new layout Mike. And this shot is great. Remember the one I did of the winding staircase recently? I reminds me of that. :) Great capture.

photowannabe said...

I love this type of shot. Fantastic job. That's good advice...keep looking up.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Very nice architectural shots over the past few days Mike, I particularly like the parking garage one and the one in this post of the stairs. Great angle!!

Thanks for all of your visits and encouragement on my blog, I really appreciate it. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and that the weather is being good to you.

Lori
xx

JAM said...

I like the angle too, but that old iron fire escape is great. Pretty classy compared to your garden variety one.