Monday, May 14, 2007

A Moment at Hammons Field


We went to the ball game Saturday evening. The Springfield Cardinals (yes, a farm club of the St. Louis Cardinals) were in town playing the Wichita Wranglers. Of course I took my camera and spent a portion of the evening/day wandering the stadium looking for photo opportunities. I think the one above was my favorite. An unsuspecting couple in the top row sharing a moment at the ballgame.

There were a lot of opportunities to take pictures at a ball game so if you haven't considered it, consider taking the camera to a ball game near you. You can practice action shots and there are always moments like the above one to capture. I have no idea who they were but they looked like they were having fun and that is what attracted my camera.

Have a great Monday!

11 comments:

Andrew said...

Awesome picture, I like the perspective as well. I love baseball....it smells a certain way and there is nothing like a evening game at the park. Did you get yourself a hotdog?

CG said...

I am looking forward to getting some baseball pics on my trip to the US this summer. I love baseball!

Mark said...

Great moment pic. Such a difference the silhouetted profiles make versus the blobs you would have capture if they had been looking straight ahead.

The Arkansas Travelers used to be a Cardinals farm team, but now they switched to the Angels.

Moksha Gren said...

Another great picture, Mike. I'm seriously gonna start getting jealous of that eye of yours. ;)

The silhouettes work better than if you could see their faces.

JAM said...

This is wonderful. It's a great shot of the field and sign, but also of the couple. I can see why it's your favorite of the bunch.

Elaine said...

This is great!
I haven't been to a game there yet, but hope to some time this year.

Anna said...

Nice framing Mike. You have a great eye! :)

photowannabe said...

Nice sillouette that frames the picture. Its an entire story in one shot. Good job.

bluemountainmama said...

very nice one, mike! maybe one of my favorites so far! :) and i like your new template......

Cris said...

The silhouete against the field is so nice!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I love this shot, well seen and executed. I have yet to see a live game of any kind over here.

Lori