Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thomas Jefferson

I have been caught without a post. Between work, graduation and end of the year school stuff and just plain yardwork I was caught without a post ready. Sorry for the trip back to the archives.

At the Missouri State Capitol in Jefferson City there is a statue of Thomas Jefferson, who initiated the Lewis and Clark expedition which helped put Missouri, one of the starting states, Illinois claims them too on the map. Jefferson was idealistic, visionary, and controversial.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and I hope to be better prepared tomorrow.

5 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

no problem....i have found that blogging is taking a different form for me in the spring...as this is my first spring doing it. i'm not nearly so motivated to post and make rounds as in winter...i've been doing my contemplating outside........ :)

JAM said...

I dip into the archive a whole lot. It helps me break up patterns from time to time. Plus, I have a lot of old stuff I like and want to "get out there."

We wouldn't know if you took the photo yesterday or four years ago if you didn't tell us, so it's not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

Moksha Gren said...

While I admire your desire to bring us fresh content every day. And while I certainly enjoy the consistancy of coming here every day to see new photos. I would even forgive you if you had no archives and made no post at all today. This is supposed to be fun for ya. The moment you turn it into a responsibility...doesn't it loose some of its luster? ;)

Anyway. I love the shot. I've alwasy loved the MO Capitol, perched over the river like that.

Cris said...

He sure was in good shape! Wish I had more time to go out and take pictures, but I work work work...

photowannabe said...

Hey, no problem. Life and family always come first. Besides our archives have some pretty good pictures too..