Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Black Eyed Susan

This shot was also taken on the Nathaniel Boone Homestead State Historic Site. It was taken at a distance with my 300mm lens. I like this lens, it can achieve the narrow depth of field effects that I have been wanting and it keeps me out of the chigger infested grass!

I guess I am not much of an outdoorsman. I can't stand chiggers and ticks as I have been having a lot of reaction to their bites as I get older. I know I miss out on a lot of photo opportunities due to this.

This state historic site has a nice variety of areas to shoot pictures, wooded, grasslands, wetlands and farmland. Our guide told us they have secured about 700 acres of the original 1000 acres that Nathan Boone once owned.

Take care and have a great Tuesday.

7 comments:

Moksha Gren said...

This shot makes me smile. My wife adores the Black Eyed Susan above all other flowers. We have a large patch of them just outside our kitchen window. They're tall and unruley and totally out of place against the nicely contoured flower beds of our neighbors. But they do bring a summery joy that makes doing the dishes just a tab easier due to the view.

Anna said...

Stunningly simple Mike. Love the colors here. Hope you are well there!

Tracy said...

beautiful!

Cris said...

That's Maryland flower... neat!

JAM said...

Nice shot. These are all over in Louisiana where I grew up, but I haven's seen but a few here in FL.

Great shot. I took some sunset shots down here last summer and found out what no-see-ums are. I'd never even heard of them. The next day I literally had hundreds of what looked like mosquito bites on my legs, and I never saw even one bug. That was a pricey sunset, let me tell you. I've been much more careful since then.

Mark said...

I love these flowers. Very nice.

Someone in Al Ain said...

beautiful picture...