Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Color or Black and White?


This wood extends in two directions from the corner of a pond at the Japanese Stroll Garden. The pictures were taken in opposite directions. Which do you prefer if any? I am not going to say much about my thoughts on these pictures as I will leave that to you.

Thanks for your comments on the charging of fees at the park...it has been interesting. I guess if anyone were to want to buy a picture that was taken in the park it would create a dilema for a law abiding citizen like me. What a world. I guess my taxes aren't enough.

Take care and have a great Wednesday.

10 comments:

Ele ^_^ said...

Wow the first shot has wondeful color.. is a great shot.. congratulation ^_^

JAM said...

They're both pretty spiffy, but I must say I like the color one better. Good work, Photoshopping (Elements for me) is fun, isn't it?

photowannabe said...

Hard choice Mike. I like each one for different reasons. If I have to choose I think the color one is the choice. i like the reflective colors and the line of the wood stumps.

Cris said...

I prefer color! It is so vivid.

Stacy said...

I've always had a thing for black and white photos. I think the subject stands out a bit more in black and white. Both are great, so it's hard to choose, but I think I would fall back to black and white if I had to.

Salty Dawg said...

Beautiful! Having grown up in the B&W era I am still enthralled with color, so the color is my choice. With that being said, the contrast of the B&W is terrific,

Elaine said...

I vote for the color. There is not enough variance in the colors to make the wood stand out from the water and grass when converted to b&W.

Thanks for looking into the fees.

Anna said...

Love the color Mike...nice capture.

Moksha Gren said...

I vote color. The tops of the wooden poles look very cool in black and white...but overall, the colors are too bright and eye catching in the color version to do away with them.

Cool pictures by the way, either way you go.

Sarch said...

I am a big fan of black and white, but of these two I think I have to go with the color shot.