Friday, June 29, 2007

Come Sit With Me



Doesn't this little front porch just invite you to sit down and swing gently? I discovered this porch in a neighborhood near Phelps Grove Park. It caught my attention almost immediately and of course my camera a couple of seconds later. Just goes to show a front porch doesn't have to be a big thing to enjoy.


These are more of the flowers from Phelps Grove Park. They are common petunias, but I liked the way they were backlit by the sun and the way they were tall and vinelike.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and a good weekend.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I love that swing. I've never seen one that small!

What a welcoming porch.

Moksha Gren said...

The perfect size for me and my daughter. A welcoming porch, indeed.

sapramiska said...

sure looks quite hospitable :)

luke156 said...

I especially like the first one though, it looks very welcoming! nice shots!

Cris said...

Hospitality, that's what I thought when I saw the picture, it feels like a cozy house.

Tracy said...

Love this porch. It's very inviting. Makes me want to sit and sip some sweet tea.

photowannabe said...

I love a front porch swing. this looks like a perfect way to spend a Saturday.
Pretty petunias Mike. Nice shots.

Anna said...

What a lovely porch....and right near you! Isnt that always the case? :)

JAM said...

Cool. A porch swing. WAY better than a porch rocking chair.