Friday, June 22, 2007

A Gaggle of Butterflies


What I am listening to: (Sounds like Anna) Original London Cast, Les Miserables: Bring Him Home, Fontaine's Death, Epilogue (Finale) & Encore 2 One Day More.

It was muddy the day we visited the Boone State Historic Site and it seems the small blue butterfly that we know as Bluets are attracted to the mucky mess. They probably get water from the mud. In this particular spot there was probably 50 -75 Bluets racing around trying to find that opportune landing spot. I got as close as I could for this shot as the overall shots were not panning out. It is one of those spectacular sights where at a distance it appears a thin, small blue cloud hangs over the ground and when you get close you realize the cloud is alive.

I have gone back through the archives last night and found several of my favorite pictures which I will be posting periodically. I will identify those as an archive post so you know which ones they are. I have grown a lot as a photographer in the past year and 3 months that I have been active. It has been a fun journey. These pictures will be a running story of the fun times we have had learning the craft.

The search in the archives explains the music posting....I mean you have to have music to search by right? I have a rather eclectic music taste. I listen to most kinds of music and collect little, but last night was the night for a Broadway show. If you have never seen Les Miserables that is put on by the traveling cast you should. I am not sure it is even going on now. Otherwise there is the album and I have seen the music performance on our local PBS station.

I am going on and on today and must get ready to work. I hope everyone has a great Friday and enjoy your weekend.

9 comments:

Anna said...

I love that you postes what you are listening to Mike...and is it really a gaggle of butterflies? great shot. They are such a pretty blue....my husband would call that Carolina blue. :)

Anna said...

*posted*...sorry.

Shelby said...

Hi Mike! Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a great site here too! I love the Ozarks and have enjoyed perusing your site and photos .. simply beautiful.

Take care and happy Friday :)

Mark said...

That is way cool.

Cris said...

Beautiful colors, those are hard to photograph Mike!

JAM said...

I guess I don't get out much. I've never seen those blue butterflies before. Nice shot.

Tracy said...

I've generally seen these around water, Mike. They are very pretty.

Moksha Gren said...

I love those various shades of blue. Very cool shot, Mike. I can almost imagine the field of moving blue.

Ele ^_^ said...

Wow a lot of blue butterflies.. Lovely.. It's a difficult shot I think ^^