Monday, June 18, 2007

Puffballs and Barn

I took this picture at the Nathaniel Boone Homestead State Historic Site. We had an excellent tour from our young tour guide, Mary, and we then roamed the place. Unfortunately the hours are somewhat limited being 10am to 4pm most days so it is almost impossible to get pictures during the early morning or late evening hours.

This is the barn on the site. It is much newer than the house, being built in the 1900's by a later owner. I desaturated the picture leaving just a hint of color and decided I liked it that way. I was using a 300mm lens with a shallow depth of field. If I were doing it again I would increase the DOF a little more so the barn was a little more in focus.

Take care and have a good Monday.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I love the barn in the distance. You can just make out because of the shape what it actually is...nice DOF here Mike. :) Have a good one!

Moksha Gren said...

The desaturation of the color makes it feel hot, Augusty. And judging from your previous comments...it's probably accurate.

Also, I got a bit of flack for photographing dandilion puffs...so allow me to say I love the dandilions. Excellent subject ;)

photowannabe said...

Great shot of the puff balls and the barn. I really like this earthy type of picture.

Cris said...

I have this thing with barns, just love them.