Thursday, June 14, 2007

Silver Dollar City



Many of you will have heard of Silver Dollar City. Stacey and Elaine have probably heard it by its nickname "Steal Your Dollar City". It is a well done midsized amusement and entertainment park near Branson, Missouri.

We went down there this last Saturday and I captured a few shots with the old Olympus.

At SDC you can find craftsmen. The top picture is the blacksmith shop.

This next picture is looking into the glass blower's furnace.


You will find plenty of water and plenty of kids enjoying it.



Tomorrow I will show pictures from one of the shows and some of the rides you can partake in.

Catching up. Can you tell I missed posting?


5 comments:

Stacy said...

STEAL YOUR DOLLAR CITY!!! It's been a long time since I've heard that. ha!

I had a professor at SMS (MSU...sorry) that used to sell "Mule's Milk" there as a gag gift. (He taught Ag economics). The FDA actually contacted him and asked him to identify the contents. Too funny.

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Moksha Gren said...

Been years since I've been there...but yes, I know Steal Your Dollar City well. "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!"

I can't help but think Indiana Jones when I see that furnace picture...but maybe it's just me. Cool pictures one way or the other. I look forward to the rest.

Anna said...

I have never been there and like to see things your camera lens so I am sure I will love it!

JAM said...

The look into the furnace is awesome.

I always liked the candy factory too. Quite tasty and made right there.

Ele ^_^ said...

Nice place, I want to see it! The second picture is wonderful ^_^