Friday, June 01, 2007

Take Me Home, Country Roads....

A long time favorite song came to mind as I worked on this photo...Take Me Home Country Roads by the late John Denver.

This photo was taken late on Memorial Day at Busick State Forest. This is actually a trail at the park which is wide to alow vehicle and horse traffic. The park is a favorite for horse riders. Unfortunately there were very few wild flowers in bloom, but there was an abundance of Poison Ivy which pretty much keeps you on the trail.

John Denver has always been a favorite of mine. His songs seem to capture a lot of how I feel. I felt a great sense of loss when he crashed in his small plane in Monterey Bay several years ago.

I hope everyone has a great Friday.

4 comments:

Cris said...

I remember him well... and the road kinda make me feel home, my in-laws live on a farm, and it has a similar road.

Moksha Gren said...

At first I wasn't as impressed by this shot as by some of your stuff. However, as I looked at it I could almost heard the gravel crunch beneath my feet. So clearly it illicited a reaction from me. Thanks.

Geraldo said...

Mike,
John Denver is one of my favorites, too, and I was lucky to watch him live in Binghamton, NY, a long time ago. His songs talk of feelings that are universal: we all have a place we belong and want to go back to, and we all have our country roads to travel to get there...

Moi said...

Its a beautiful song ....Denver's one of my top fav. too....