Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Westbound on a Summer Evening



This shot was taken from the Commercial Street foot bridge looking west. The Commercial Street foot bridge is a classic structure over the tracks at the Burlington Northern Santa Fe's North Yard in Springfield. It is on the register of historic places I believe although I am not sure of that.


Regardless it is a great place to watch trains and take pictures on a summer evening.



This is one of those times the picture of the means of the picture will probably get more comments than the actual picture. The foot bridge is a jewel and has been the source of many competition entries in our camera club.

Have a great Tuesday.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the top and middle pictures the best, but I really like the top one. I love the heat!

Lori said...

Wow!! Those are awesome photos! I love how you can see the shimmery heat above the train. That's really cool! The bridges are beautiful too.

Anna said...

That first one is really good Mike and you know I like the bridges and all those LINES! :) Hope you are well.....

Elaine said...

I love that bridge. The top shot is my favorite--I can feel the heat.

Moksha Gren said...

I have to agree with everyone else here..while the bridge is cool, the heat shimmer over the train in the upper shot just makes for a stunning photo.

That said...I'm always a fan of foot bridges.

JAM said...

Wow, Mike, the top shot is amazing. I LOVE that one. The heat shimmering there just adds the perfect touch.

Mark said...

Where in the Springfield is that bridge? Wow. I missed a lot in the year I lived and worked near there.