Monday, July 30, 2007

Home Away From Home

OK, this was the coolest vacation ever. We actually stayed put for 2 1/2 days and this is where we stayed put. Believe it or not this was our first "cabin" experience. I loved being on the mountain and exploring our little piece of the mountain. The cabin was only a couple of years old and had all the modern conveniences such as laundry, dish network, dish washer and a terrific view as you will see in a future posting.

From here we explored Smoky Mountain National Park. The only issue was getting through Gatlinburg. You would think they were giving something away there, it was SO crowded. We stayed on the less popular northeast side of town about eleven miles out from city center and it was wonderful and not crowded at all.







This picture was taken on the farm on the Cherokee side of the park. The National Park Service had a small flower bed and a large garden planted on the farm.

So many things to show and tell about. That is it for today though so have a great Monday.

9 comments:

MedaM said...

Wonderful shots! I like that cabin very much and gladiolus a just beautiful and its colour! I’m looking forward seeing more photos from your vacation. I’m sure you had a wonderful time.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Mike I wish I could be there!!! I need a break and it looks beautiful, wow. Gorgeous flower too. Glad you have a good trip and looking forward to seeing more pics.

Thanks for your visits, Taxes is doing okay but I think that he is going to be scarred quite badly, this is the second time that we have had a really good colt that could have made it to the showpen and he has injured a leg and put a stop to that. Hope that it doesnt end up as bad as I expect. He is leaving the bandage alone at the moment but I dont know how long that will last as he chews and bites everything, little monster.

Kekiinani said...

Great shots!! That cabin looks like it was nice and comfortable and I could stay there for several days!!! Cant wait to see the view from the cabin!! :) :)Great flower shot as well. :) :)

Mark said...

You picked a cabin with a great porch! Did you know it had that when you rented it?

We stayed in a mountain chalet north of Pigeon Forge on our honeymoon in 1992, and then in a cabin in Gatlinburg several years later. Both were nice, but the ability to walk down into Gatlinburg edged out the distant chalet.

Yes, Gatlinburg is CRAZY busy. Glad you survived.

photowannabe said...

Wonderful shots and I would love to see all the things you did. Fantastic place to stay for a few days. It doesn't look like my idea of a cabin...much too nice and modern.

Susan said...

We have a custom log cabin manufacturer in town here. It is right next door to the telephone pole company!
They ship all over the world!

Elaine said...

The cabins of my youth never looked like this! I think I would be happy just sitting there for a week or two (especially with the view!)

Chad Oneil said...

Looks like a very cool place!

Moi said...

these are gladioli, aren't they??? lovely color and we have never done a "cabin vacation" either...will love to some day :)