Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Changing Mountain

These Shots were taken in order from the time we arrived at the cabin to the morning we left. I was fascinated with the way the mountain outside the cabin changed constantly. This was taken from the deck of the cabin.

The afternoon of day 1 was probably the clearest. The small dot in the lower left corner was another cabin.

Morning in the Smokies.

Another morning shot...


Building thunderstorms later that afternoon.


Later that evening......Moonrise the same evening....

After the rain the next morning.

I think this was my favorite part of the vacation just sitting there watching the mountain out of the window and off the deck.

Take care and have a good Tuesday.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Mike, this series of shots makes me yearn for a home in the mountains. I grew up in NW Arkansas, in the Ozarks, and saw the shifting scene. the changing light and color, all my young life. It became a part of me and I miss it now that I'm living down south. The great Smokies offer even grander views than the Ozarks plateau but I'd be happy either place, I think.

MedaM said...

Wonderful series of shots! Beautiful mountains and at the same time mysterious! The view is so beautiful from there.

photowannabe said...

Amazing mountain changes. It doesn't look like the same place. The vacation cabin with that view would have me just sitting, looking and dreaming.

Elaine said...

Mike, these are wonderful. What an awesome view!

luke156 said...

a like the fog/clouds they give a great feeling to the series, nice shots!

Mark said...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one in the mountains getting unpredictable (but photographically beautiful) weather.

Very nicely shot and chosen for display.

Chad Oneil said...

What a great view!

bluemountainmama said...

gorgeous....makes me miss home!

Moi said...

beautiful....my heart as i always say is in mountains though i am enjoying living close to the sea these days ....remember speding a few days in Smokies a couple of years back.....loved my vacations....