Sunday, July 08, 2007

Favorite Portraits





I have two favorite portraits I have taken over the past year or so that I have been into this photo thing. They are both of people I don't even know.

The top shot was taken at Vicksburg National Military Park. This gentlemen was one of the re-enactors there and this was in between demonstrations.

The second shot was during an urban photo shoot that our camera club had. This young lady, her name was Sarah, I believe was one of the three models we had.

These are some of those shots that I have always wanted to post but never had a reason.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. Tomorrow I will begin a series on Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. I even will include a couple of front porches, Anna. Teresa and I went there tonight and between the two of us took over 400 pictures.

12 comments:

Chad Oneil said...

Cool stuff recently. Come on over and visit me a little.

Anna said...

I am so glad that it isnt only me Mike! :) I cant wait to see your battlefield pics! And I like these two although the first one is my favorite.

Have a good week!

luke156 said...

nice shots, with digital cameras its easy to take that many photos!

Joel Reynolds said...

Very nice, Mike.
I like the fireworks from a few posts back as well. Great stuff!
Joel

Ch√Ęteau-Gontierdailyphoto said...

Nice shot, portrait is not easy...it's difficult to catch an expression from the face of the model.

thank you for visiting my photo blog and for your comment.

photowannabe said...

I can see why these are some of your favorites.
The portrait of Sarah shows so much character in her eyes.

Ele ^_^ said...

Great portraits, the second is my favourite! ^^

Kekiinani said...

Both are lovely images. :)

MedaM said...

Thanks Mike for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your blog is very nice and interesting with various photos.I like it very much.

Louis said...

I am not a great photographer myself, by I love it when a photo catches the subject's eyes and reveals a little bit of their story. Both of these shots are great Mike.

JAM said...

These are both great shots. The one of the girl especially, how each eye is framed in the links of the fence.

Mark said...

I like the first one best, even though the subject is centered.

I love the shot through the chain link fence.

Sorry if I drop in sporadically this week -- we're in the Rocky Mountains of New Mexico.