Sunday, July 29, 2007

Home Again

Hello again from Missouri, I have managed to process a couple of the photos from our whirlwind trip to the Smokies. I am posting today a picture from that crossing. The picture was taken from a stop just below Newfoundland Gap which is the highest point on the highway that crosses the Smoky Mountain National Park.

I have many more pictures to come. We went to the Biltmore Mansion in Ashville, NC and two Civil War battlefields in Tennessee. Frankly, I am just plain worn out in a good way. Not having done this extensive of a road trip in a couple of years has gotten me out of shape.

Hope to make the rounds today and tomorrow, in the meantime have a great rest of Sunday!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Very nice. I was hoping for fog at Wilson's Creek, but did not luck out. (It was a lot of fun, even at that time of the morning!) Looking forward to more shots from your vacation.

Kekiinani said...

WOW nice shot. I always wanted to get over to that side of the country!! One of these days I shall. Cant wait to see your other images from you trip.. hope you had a wonderful time.. :)

MedaM said...

Wonderful view!

Mark said...

I have a pic from this exact spot. There was a National Geographic photographer there, too, and he was using a warming filter as a cheat to get better color (this was back before they were using digital).

Very nice one here, Mike.