Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day




Sounds like a movie...doesn't it? Anyway to my US based friends and Americans based elsewhere happy Independence Day.

These shots were taken last 4th of July in the sky's over Lake Taneycomo near the town of Forsyth. One of the guys from the camera club lives down there and they always have a big fireworks display. I learned a lot about shooting in the dark that night. These were a few of the shots that were really focused well.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday and a happy 4th.

7 comments:

Mark said...

Nice shots, sir. I tried to find some fireworks pics from the past, but had no luck. Instead, I went with the flag.

Fireworks pics have always been a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing.

photowannabe said...

I've never been sucessful capturing fireworks on my little camera. Love how these turned out.

Elaine said...

Nice! These make me wish I had gone. Guess the club is not shooting tonight.

Happy 4th!

Tracy said...

These are very lovely! Happy 4th!

Anna said...

Great shots Mike! You have been busy since I have been gone! :) Spectacular images. My nieces are at Kanakuk for two weeks so I am missing the Ozarks right about now!

Happy 4th from WAY TOO FAR AWAY!

JAM said...

Nice shots. I've never tried this, and last night I could hear the city's fireworks going off as I lay in bed reading.

Someone in Al Ain said...

wonderful pictures..i like them.