Saturday, July 14, 2007

Wood and Stone


We may be done with the Wilson's Creek series but we are not done with pictures from there. This was taken at the small cabin that sits in for the one that was General Price's headquarters. I was fascinated with the stone work on the chimney of this little cabin. I kept trying to figure out a way to take an interesting picture of it. Then I saw the lines of the wood siding and figured in my head "at least Anna would like this" So here is the result. Two primary Missouri building materials put together. We have plenty of rock and plenty of wood.

I am off to deep Southwest Missouri today looking for new places to take pictures.

See you tomorrow, in the meantime have a great Saturday.

6 comments:

photowannabe said...

Great angle and the lines hold my interest. You have a good eye.
Looking forward to your new batch of travel pictures.

Chad Oneil said...

Mike,
Very nice recent photos here, man. I like the creative angle on this one.

...Thanks for your guess, but you are incorrect. Good try though! I'll reveal the answer soon in my comment section to that post.

...clue, someone else has gotten it though ;)

Anna said...

NICE...I like the two textures!

Kekiinani said...

Totally enjoyed your Wilson Creek series of shots. This one is great with the stone and wood!! It is a shame that they allowed those high tension wires to cross a portion of the battlefield.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hey Mike, Anna must be proud!! Great shot and well seen.

Lori

JAM said...

Nifty. I like the juxtaposition of different materials and textures like this.