Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Approaching Biltmore


Between the parking lots and the Biltmore Mansion there is a large grove of trees, as you saw yesterday. These trees afforded an opportunity for a framed shot, albeit a kind of exaggerated one. The Biltmore was spectacular and even though you couldn't take pictures inside offered many opportunities outside. I would encourage anyone traveling near Asheville, NC to spend what could be the better part of a day on the Estate.





Just to the left of the main entrance is the grand staircase. These windows follow the stairs up, hence their skewed positioning. The effect is quite unusual and stunning.


I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I have been amiss getting around to your blogs due to things going on around here but hope to resume my visits soon.

9 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

Patty and I and our children (oldest now 51) have been to the Biltmore house many times over the years and always enjoyed the trip. I know each time we were there the cost of getting in was higher and I am guessing it is over $30 a person now.

There is a lot to see and photograph there.

I published some computer generated art on my blog today. Brookville Daily Photo

Mark said...

Taking the time to get that top shot is what separates you from the person who just points the camera at the building from whatever angle they happen to get walking from the car to the building. You're always thinking what could make it more visually interesting, and you definitely pulled it off here.

Lara said...

wow, that is amazing. i often think i don't stop to appreciate architecture enough. so many buildings and houses are incredibly beautiful, and yet i see them only as the scenery for shots, never as subjects. thanks for this.

photowannabe said...

Nice framing and it looks like a place of many photo ops.

Chad Oneil said...

Nice framing on that first one. The second image is my favorite.

luke156 said...

nice ones, like the staircase windows they look good in b&w too.

Stacy said...

The architecture here is just amazing. Beautiful.

Cris said...

Oh Mike, I've always wanted to go there... I've been to NC twice, never had a chance to go. Thanks for this series on Biltmore!

Moi said...

I have been waiting for my friend in NC to get a little free so that we can visit him and visit the Biltmore house...lovely pics..the second one with your explanation is a clincher!!!!