Monday, August 06, 2007

Looking Up

I have always wanted to take a picture like this with the tall pine trees and a wide angle lens. Walking from the parking lot to the Biltmore Mansion afforded me that opportunity. Taken near Asheville , NC at the Biltmore Mansion. This tour was well worth the admission price which was quite hefty. Besides the mansion we toured the gardens, the winery and there were a couple of other places we didn't get to including a horse shoe and the original farm.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Cool perspective. It kind of puts us in our place, doesn't it?

Cris said...

Nice, yeah, I agree with Stacy. We're so small compared to grand nature.

Carmi said...

Whatever you paid, it was worth it to get a photo like this. I love the composition...it reminds me why we must respect and love nature - and why we need to stop and look around more often than we do.

photowannabe said...

Nice pictures and great perspective of the towering trees. Someday I'm going to make it to the Biltmore Estates.

Lara said...

it's actually a bit overwhelming even. love it.

Moksha Gren said...

Saw the title and thought I was on Anna's site ;)

Its a very cool picture, you can almost hear the breeze through the limbs.

Chad Oneil said...

I know what you mean about that type of shot.

I would love to visit that mansion.

bluemountainmama said...

haha...i was thinking the same thing as moksha! :)

great perspective. the biltmore IS worth the price of admission, although we got to go for free b/c my mom plays there during christmas time.

sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Blue Wave 707 said...

That is one cool photo!

luke156 said...

great perspective, nice shot!

ToddNNC said...

If you love Biltmore History, join our group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiltmoreEstate/

Anna said...

WOW, those are tall. I love them. I am never disappointed when I look up! :) Hi Mike!