Friday, August 10, 2007

More Images of Biltmore






This is a shot of the house from the gardens. This part of the gardens was more formal and designed for strolling.





This shot is of what I would call the flower or cutting garden. Mrs. Vanderbilt was an absolute fanatic about having fresh flowers throughout the home. This was her source.



A refreshment stop on a hot day. Anna, the Diet Coke was $2.75 for a 20 oz. bottle. Even I balked at that one.....but if it had been Diet Pepsi....



I hope you have enjoyed your tour of the Biltmore. I think I have one more day of pictures of what I will call details of the Biltmore.



Have a good Friday!

4 comments:

Joel Reynolds said...

Cool shots, Mike. Looks like an interesting place.

Joel

Anna said...

Love that last shot...the view! :) I have not yet gone to the Biltmore but would love to see it. Thanks Mike!

Elaine said...

Nice shots Mike.

Cris said...

The last shot looks like one of those old ads, really nice Mike. Oh, expensive huh? Well, we paid 2 bucks for a can at an amusement park the other day, but really, it costs a lot less at the grocery store.