Wednesday, August 01, 2007

People in the Park


I guess I am fundamentally changing my ways. I used to cringe at people shots, now I actually prefer them.

The first picture above does not due this scene justice. This was taken at Laurel Falls in Smoky Mountain National Park. This spot was crowded, there must have been 2-300 people on this 1.3 mile trail. So many in fact that it was difficult to get a picture of the falls without people in it. We will save that until later in the week. So what do you do? If you can't beat them you take pictures of them. This lady and the baby were my favorite. Unfortunately the baby turned just a hair and I could not get her profile the way I saw it in my mind.

The second picture is of a park ranger and her fiddle at the John Oliver cabin in Cades Cove. She was really good and had quite a crowd listening to her.

I hope you will consider people in your shots over the next couple of days and share them with us.

Take care and have a good Wednesday!

5 comments:

photowannabe said...

Nicely captured portraits. I especially like the Ranger.
I hope to get out and take some more pictures soon.

Mark said...

People shots rock! I found that my favorite pics of our recent trip to the Rockies were those with people in them. Sometimes, even in grand landscape shots, people add a nice touch -- some perspective on just how tiny each of us is.

Lara said...

excellent - i like them both. thanks much for the comment at my place. i'm going to check out some of those other links right now. :)

hope to see more of you!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Nice candid shots Mike. I am the same, I normally shy away from taking candids of people I dont know. Now give me a photogenic child that I know and a camera and I will shoot hundreds LOL.

Lori

Moi said...

great people shots...like both of them, Mike!