Friday, August 17, 2007

Price's Headquarters and the Fog

This is another view of the small cabin that stands in for Price's Headquarters. I thought this was a neat view with the fog. I had to crop it severely left to take out most of a handicap accessible ramp that kind of ruins the original atmosphere of the cabin from straight on. I love the effect this little fog band gave us. I may try to do a major Photoshop project on this shot to take out the offending ramp thus enabling me to bring the picture back to the right a bit.


Tomorrow we will head to Segal's final position and close the second chapter on Wilson's Creek. I have been out taking many pictures lately so I have several other things I want to share with you all.


I am leaving you with the picture below of one of the reenactor's. In my typical fashion I was so intent with the expression on his face that I cut the bottom of his legs off, but this gives you a flare of the atmosphere last Saturday as they were filming this documentary.



Have a great Friday and I will see you all tomorrow.


7 comments:

Moi said...

looks like straight out of an old classic movie...beautifully done

photowannabe said...

I really like the cannon in the fog along side the cabin.
Nice portrait of the actor too.

Anna said...

These are so good Mike. I have missed America and I am totally enjoying this trip through the past! Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Chad Oneil said...

That first image almost reminds me of the film "the Village".

bluemountainmama said...

i DO like the effect of the fog.... you couldn't ask for better 'ambience' than that.....mother nature lent it!

Cris said...

This is a piece of history Mike that can only be found in your country, and it is so beautiful, thank you for sharing! Of course, you make me feel homesick...

JAM said...

That misty morning photo on top is amazing. I always loved mornings like that.