Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ray House at Sunrise

We rarely get up early to take pictures, which means we miss one of those golden hours. The camera club scheduled an early morning shoot at Wilson's Creek to take advantage of the early light so I convinced Teresa to go. We trudged out half asleep to witness a sunrise. I noticed no clouds in the sky which meant no real outstanding pictures. Oh well, at least we would still have the light.

We made our first stop the Ray House primarily because I wanted this shot. Normally the Ray House sits by itself and at this hour there would be no one there we thought as we drove into an empty parking lot. As we walked to the Ray House it became apparent something was amiss. There was an old military wagon and an old style tent with a dim lamp glowing in it pitched on the site. Ok, I thought this must be some of the props for the reenactors. Then the dog started growling.....

Have a great Tuesday.

9 comments:

JoAnn - NL Photography said...

Great shot of this "Ray house", you were there (don't you think so either? or are you still not satisfied?) just on the right time on the right spot, very very impressif place to be, I wonder what photo shots you're gonna make after this.

Have a great time,
I am very intersted on you next shots. :)

Shelby said...

fantastic!

Elaine said...

Nice colors in the sky. A different take on this! I like your 2 Wilson's Creek shots. I would like to have seen the re-enactment but just couldn't make myself go out in the heat.

This might be turning into a history blog, but you are doing it with great photos so no complaints from me!

Moksha Gren said...

Beautiful, Mike. It looks like a painting.

Anna said...

Hey Mike! I have missed your blog too! :) Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I love to hear from you and I hope that you are well as the summer winds down. I will be back regular soon with lots of good stuff to share! :)

This shot is AMAZING. I love the colors. Stunning. The black looks great in this image and the blue sets it off!

Take care and have a good rest of your week!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

This is a great shot, love the colors!!! It is amazing how even with no clouds you can get the gradients in the colors. I am not an early riser and regret it every day because it is the best time of the day especially for photos, the light is so beautiful, but I cant discipline myself to get going earlier.

Lori

Chad Oneil said...

This is very cool, man!

Susan said...

What beautiful silloughettes (SP). Enjoyed your writing too!

Cris said...

Golden hours, and the picture proves it, really beautiful!