Sunday, August 19, 2007

Reflections

On the same day as our Wilson's Creek field trip our camera club did a field trip to Murphy Water Gardens. Of course we just had to get to both of them somehow. We chose to arrive at Murphy Water Gardens late so we missed the really good light, but I was able to get a couple of photos that I really liked.

You talk about a colorful place. One of our members that set up this field trip said the next field trip would be at her house, just bring your shovels. I guess she was pretty impressed by the sight.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Tomorrow we are off on a different track. Remember from several weeks ago the Roller Derby game I kept searching for. We finally found them and we found them in grand style. They were doing an exhibition match and about a thousand other people found them at the same time!

14 comments:

Stacy said...

Great picture. The reflection could almost be a picture in itself.


I also love the misty cabin picture. The colors and setting were perfect. Frame that one! :)

Have a good one!

Shelby said...

wonderful reflection photo!

Lara said...

wow, that is truly beautiful. i love that the reflection is a little bit faint, like it's not too overpowering, but more of an echo of the flower itself. amazing. :)

lv2scpbk said...

Beautiful.

luke156 said...

beautiful shot! I am having a good weekend. (just got back from my own picture taking journey)

Mark said...

Very nice on here.

It's amazing to me how many people look at me funny when I mention not having or not having "good light" for photos. Then, when they compare my pictures to theirs, they honestly say things like, "Wow, you must have a really good camera!"

Now, my question (but one that's been coined before) is: To play like Mozart, what kind of piano do I need?

Okay, not saying I'm to photography what Mozart was to music, but just using it as an example. Yes, the tool can make a difference, but the technique's the real deal.

You go that going for you here, that's for sure! Keep up the good work.

Mark said...

Whoa. How many typo's can I post in one comment?

Ch√Ęteau-Gontierdailyphoto said...

Nice shot...it's a relaxing picture

Anna said...

I love the reflection here Mike. I especially like how you framed the shot...not quite in the middle...hehehe. Lovely.

Cris said...

I just love reflections!

JoAnn-NL "Through my digital eyes" Story's & Travel :) said...

Hi Mike,
So great I love this waterflower, we have them allover here in many kinds but just one colour, WHITE..

Bye

bluemountainmama said...

EXCELLENT, mike! i love how you captured the reflection.

Moi said...

oh beautiful reflections!!!

JAM said...

Lovely.