Friday, August 24, 2007

Roller Derby Part 2, Finally Home!







I made it home from sunny North Carolina with no more wild stories to tell about my flights except that Northwest put on a perfect on time performance coming home. We even got into Memphis about twenty minutes early.

I have been astonished by the reaction to the Roller Derby post so I am putting up the rest of the shots I liked tonight. These ladies really enjoy doing this and they were truly blown away by the response they got. Like I said earlier there were close to perhaps 4-500 hundred people at the rink. There could have been even more than that for all I know.

This is a rough sport and you can see that in some of these pictures. The team nurse is the lady in white.

I was also surprised at the number of responses I am getting on my last post about the Tumbleweed Tiny Houses. Let me assure you I am not thinking about moving into one of these. At least not until my daughters are out of the house!:)

Thanks you all for the many comments you have been leaving and the many new faces I am seeing. I wish you all a great weekend. Teresa and I are working on the 3rd quarter competition entries for our camera club. We get with the judges tomorrow and we have about 50 entries this time. Not as good as the first quarter but better than last time. It should be a blast.

11 comments:

Anna said...

OK, I am LOVING these! STILL. :) Have a good weekend!

Mark said...

Just great stuff, Mike. Makes me miss my photojournalism days. Candid shots of children's parties just aren't the same (or at least one hopes not).

Annie said...

That nurse must have aching feet. Mine ache just looking at her high heeled boots.

Kerri said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm with annie - those boots look like torture. Neat pics!

Pat Jenkins said...

i thought roller derby events had come and gone. i guess not. you did a great job of capturing all the colors of the event. your first picture brings out the floor, and it's beautiful wood "glow". it is to bad we don't have nurses who dress like this one more often. i hope judging goes well.

Shelby said...

makes my feet hurt too :)

enjoyed the visit tho.. take care and happy day!

Salty said...

These girls are really into it! I like the expressions in the second and third shots! They are So Intense!

lv2scpbk said...

I wish I could roller skate but the skates always get away from me. Out in front of me is more likely, with me sitting down on the job, so I gave the thought up. Nice shots though.

Susan said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I love the nurse! LOL

photowannabe said...

Nurses I have had never dressed like that. Great action shots. Lots of fun Mike.

bluemountainmama said...

i LOVE roller skating....am afraid i'm not quite aggressive (or athletic) enough to do what these girls do, though.

looks like a ball!!!