Saturday, August 18, 2007

Segal's Second Position



On the south side of Wilson's Creek is a place called "Segal's Second Position." This is the place where Segal's cannons ended the battle of Wilson's Creek. It is at this spot where most of the artillery demonstrations take place which is where these photos come in.
This is one of the supply wagons to an artillery group. There were two of these wagons but the cannons were not present in the morning.
I like the colors in the top photo but wanted to get the second one in so you could better see the support wagon.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

10 comments:

Chad Oneil said...

I'll be capturing similar images when I visit "Gettysburg" in Pennsylvania this October.

Anna said...

That cannon in the field is great Mike. Looks like the calm before the storm. :)

luke156 said...

beautiful scene, nice shot!

photowannabe said...

Nice shot. I like the isolation of the cannon in the picture. Later this week I will be posting a few more train shots. I hope you will enjoy them.

Ele ^_^ said...

Really a nice and original shot, as always! ^^

Steve said...

I like this series, and the colors are wonderful. nice job.

Cris said...

Yes... it is such a beautiful scene today...

JoAnn-NL "Through my digital eyes" Story's & Travel :) said...

Hi Mike,
Nice capturin but also very good in this area, its very well done,

I am also very much into capturing last days....

:) JoAnn

Salty said...

Superb series on Wilson’s Creek!!

Price’s Headquarters, both photos are excellent! I can not choose which I like best.

Like you I love the colors in the first photograph of this limber, the blue sky fading to pink just above the horizon is gorgeous!

Thanks for the great history lesson accompanying your terrific photographs.

Moi said...

i like the colors in the first pic too :)