Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Bicycle Built for Two

I took this shot at Pea Ridge National Battlefield. It was taken about Noon as you can tell from the shadow. This couple was really trucking. They did the 7.9 mile loop twice as I was lollygagging around taking pictures. You could hear him coming from a ways off. He was singing praise hymns and old church songs as he rode. They were very friendly and tolerant of me as I would pass them and then they would pass me as I stopped to take pictures.

Looks like fun...but add into the equation it was sunny and about 90 degrees out.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. Looks like I have more or less returned to a daily format for a while doesn't it?





8 comments:

Mark said...

Tandem bicycles always look like fun.

I find myself considering posting less frequently, and then I end up putting something up almost every day, anyway. This week, of course, is an exception, now that I'm typing about it.

Pat Jenkins said...

GOOD!!!

bluemountainmama said...

man....he must be in great shape if he can sing while he rides! :) we all just bought bicycles so we can start riding together as a family. of course, my son has had one for a long time.

glad to see you're back! :)

photowannabe said...

I would have loved to hear someone singing praise songs as they whizzed around on that tandem. What a beautiful way to get charged for the day.

Cris said...

That's one thing I would love to try one day.

Salty said...

I can understand his singing as she may have been doing all the pedaling :)

JAM said...

I have always wanted to ride a tandem.

They have a bicycle at Magic Kingdom with four seats and a barber shop quartet riding around and singing on main street. Well, they did several years ago anyway.

Anonymous said...

Tandem Bicycles - Tandems (Tandeming) is great fun, cant wait to get out on mine again
Geoff